Tuesday 4 December 2012

My Lip Balm Collection

I may have accumulated more than my fair share of lip balms over the years - oops!-. It mainly started when I got my braces over a year ago as I now get chapped lips throughout the wintertime. Some are slightly better than others yet they all help in someway or another.


Keep in mind that this is not my full collection, I have others in my mum's car, my dad's car and in various bags.

Kiss Me Quick - (L-R Very Cherry, Strawberry Sundae, Hot Fudge Sundae, Mint Choc Chip)
My aunt bought me these for my birthday two months ago and I was pleasantly surprised on how they moisturised my lips! They are quite hard to get a decent amount of, but when on the lips they are fine. However, I would say they are more of a summer lip balm as they seem to not have that high moisture that we all need for winter. My personal favourite is Mint Choc Chip as it tastes gorgeous!

(L-R)
Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate 
I picked this up when I was last in Turkey as I had forgot a lip balm thinking it would just do me for the holiday. I ended up putting it in my makeup bag and it has been there ever since! It is extremely moisturising and gives a great lip tint (while also tasting amazing). It is one I would repurchase again and again.

Chapstick Strawberry
I really do not like this lip balm, it is really rough and makes my lips more chapped than they already are.

Chapstick Wild Cherry
Same as above but with a slightly better taste.

Chapstick Apple
This is the best one out of all my chapsticks' but only due to the fact that it helps lipstick go on brilliantly for some reason.

Coca Cola Vanilla
My mum and I both picked one up from primark as we both love the taste of vanilla coke! It doesn't do moisture well but has the best taste out of all my lipbalms and is good for if you are in a hurry.

(L-R)

Mountain Dew 
Aside from the tacky packaging, this gives an alright moisture and the taste of Mountain Dew! This wouldn't be a good lipbalm if you didn't like Mountain Dew but luckily for me, I do.

Blistex Cherry Berry
This lipbalm stays on more than my others do and doesn't leave a sticky residue. I always seem to neglect this for no reason whatsoever so it may make an appearance in my bags soon!

The Body Shop Cocoa Butter
My family are all big The Body Shop fans so it only seemed right that the first time I went to Turkey last year, I picked this up. The sole reason is because cocoa butter helps keep your lips sun burnt free and as it was 40 degrees Celsius when I went, it seemed to fit the bill. It is a brilliant lip balm all round but works at it's best during the summertime.

The Body Shop Cocoa Butter
It is the same one but with a different lid on.

The Body Shop 100% Natural Roll On Orange
I told my mum that I wanted to try this and she bought it for me at one of her The Body Shop parties. It goes on my lips like Orangeade would and doesn't really do anything for them. However, it has a really nice taste and goes with the Summertime very well.

Soft Lips Vanilla
I bought this online with Superdrug and the only bad thing about it is the fact that the packaging is terrible! It does not roll down well so you are left with the actual lip balm everywhere. I do like the lip balm itself but I do not think I would buy this again solely down the packaging. 

(L-R)

Primark Lip Balm
I received this in one of the little presents that my nannan gets me every christmas last year. It is nice as a substitute lip tint if I don't feel up to putting lipstick on. It isn't the best lip balm i own but isn't the worst lip balm i own either!

Superdrug Lip Balm (L-R Cranberry and Pomegranate, Coconut and Shea butter, Mango and Papaya)
I remember getting these one Christmas and being impressed! They have nice packaging and last so much more longer than any others do while giving the softest lips imaginable. I prefer the Cranberry and Pomegranate for winter due to the sheer reddy tint it has and the Mango and Papaya for summer as it tastes what summer should taste like. I use the Coconut and Shea Butter whenever.

The Body Shop Passionfruit Born Lippy
This has a jelly texture when you first apply it and then turns into almost a lip gloss. It is the best Born Lippy I have tried but I haven't tried them all. If they are all like this, I will defiantly be purchasing some more!

Magazine Lip Balm Strawberry
I got this in some magazine I used to constantly buy when I was younger. I don't even know why I've kept it.

(L-R)

Ice Cream Cookies 'N' Cream
I barley use this for some reason but it reminds me of Christmas and has the most realistic Cookies and Cream taste i have ever smelt! 

Cheeky Chimp Chocolate
This looks gorgeous when you open it up and doesn't disappoint at all! I never seem to use it but when I do, I am thoroughly impressed.

Vaseline Pink Bubbly Limited Edition
I missed out on the Creme Brulee last year so I was determined to buy the Pink Bubbly this year! Vaseline is always a staple piece in anyone's life and I am yet to meet someone who doesn't have a tub somewhere. I think Vaseline are just one of the most reliable brands - I have tried their body moisturisers and hand creams - they are just an all round brand!

Vaseline Original 
I added cocoa butter to this as I could not find the Cocoa Butter one anywhere! It made it lose it's smoothness on the lips so when I have the chance, I will be buying another original to put under my Lipstick.

Carmex Cherry
Save the best for last! This by far beats any of my other lip balms all round and helps me so much during the wintertime. The only lip balm that has either lived up to this is the Blistex Cream which I lost yesterday ): 
This Carmex has been a staple in my bag for over two years now and will never be replaced.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment